Knowing when to rebrand is one of the biggest challenges any brand faces in its lifetime.
What you don’t want to be is the one brand that loses its customers because it didn’t recognize the signs that hinted, “adapt or die.”
By “adapt,” I don’t in any way mean “change to fit in.”
By adapt I mean (as per the dictionary): “make (something) suitable for a new use or purpose; modify.”
The trick is knowing the signs.
Some of the key signs to take note of:
• Is your brand being pigeonholed into a certain category or some perceived value (different than the facts would indicate)?
• Is your brand dealing with market misconceptions about what your brand does or sells?
• Are you stuck with old, outdated impressions that still remain despite all your efforts?
• Are you unclear about what you want and need to convey and, most importantly, to whom they’ll matter?
• Are you doing the same old things just because “that’s the way we’ve always done them”?