Digital Fabrication Residency
The Digital Fabrication Residency is a skill-building online intensive incubator for visual artists and designers with the desire to incorporate digital fabrication into their work to achieve highly specialized production for individual projects and public art commissions. The residency utilizes online collaborative tools to enable learning; consultation and idea development catered to the individual project needs of participants. This is an opportunity for artists and designers to engage in building and expanding their knowledge of digital tools, learn resources, specialized workflows, and directly connect with other professionals in curatorial fields, related organizations, fabrication specialists, and innovators in 'making'.
• The residency will include visiting speakers, workshops, individual consultation meetings; all utilizing interactive collaborative technology readily used in education and industry.
• The Digital Fabrication Residency is designed to work with your busy schedule.
• Using your smart device or computer connected to high-speed Internet, you are connected to an incubator that will change your ideas about making.
• Professional level software workflows cover designing, modeling, engineering parts, file preparation, locating CNC related services and insider tips on software workflows and professional level services providers for machine output.
• Each resident has the opportunity to submit up to 5 files to be 3D printed as part of the residency. *
• Learn about how to integrate innovative fabrication processes such as CNC milling, lasers, 3D printing, digital embroidery, textile printing, and electronics into your projects.