Mr. Joseph F. Tiedemann (1992 Illustration) is president of Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc the preeminent art restoration studio specializing in ecclesiastical, private, corporate, and municipal art & architectural conservation. Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc also offers custom artistic painting, design,… Read More
Mr. Joseph F. Tiedemann (1992 Illustration) is president of Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc the preeminent art restoration studio specializing in ecclesiastical, private, corporate, and municipal art & architectural conservation. Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc also offers custom artistic painting, design, and architectural decorating services meeting every need and budget. Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc experience and professionalism provides the very best in art restoration and conservation services at a fraction of the cost of other high priced companies. Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc has a singular dedication and perfectionist approach toward each and every commission. The company’s mission and focus is in halting and reversing the deterioration of irreplaceable works of art as well as a solid commitment to the preservation of artistic treasures in all forms. Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc is based in the New York metropolitan area but offers its services both nationally and internationally. Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc has been featured by various local and national journalists and broadcasters such as: ABC News “A modern day Michelangelo”, The Visual Arts Journal “Obsessive attention to detail”, and also hailed as “Michelangelo Jr.” by Charles Osgood of the Osgood Files Program. Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc is the premier American artistic conservation company chosen to restore paintings by renowned European artists such as Philip Guston and Fernando Calderón, famous for their award winning restorations including national historic landmark and royally supported commissions. Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc encompasses every aspect of the artistic painting, decorating, restoration, and conservation process. Services include: ART RESTORATION, MURALS, FRESCOS, STAINED GLASS, SCULPTURE, PORTRAITS, GILDING, FAUX FINISHES, MOSAICS, ICONS, WOODWORK, LITURGICAL DESIGN, 3-D ARCHITECTURAL COMPUTER DESIGN, ARCHITECTURAL FIXTURES, CONSULTING, MARBLE. Read Less
The 7 Secrets of Restoration
DO NOT MAKE THE FATEL MISTAKE OF HIRING INEXPERIENCED AND UNQUALIFIED ART RESTORATIONISTS AND CHURCH PAINTERS!
Failure to do thorough background research for a highly qualified restoration contractor can result in irreparable damage to your parish’s treasures. We understand it can be confusing and many church c… Read More
DO NOT MAKE THE FATEL MISTAKE OF HIRING INEXPERIENCED AND UNQUALIFIED ART RESTORATIONISTS AND CHURCH PAINTERS!
Failure to do thorough background research for a highly qualified restoration contractor can result in irreparable damage to your parish’s treasures. We understand it can be confusing and many church contractors and painters deliberately misrepresent themselves as restorationists to capitalize financially at the expense your irreplaceable artwork. Unfortunately and all to often we encounter irreplaceable art, architecture, and artifacts ruined by inexperienced and unqualified contractors.
The Seven Secrets of Restoration™ were developed by Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc. They are an essential guide for the clergy and other prospective clients to make the most informed decision on who and what to look for when considering high quality restoration services. Many church painting and contracting companies claim to be restorationists but a large majority lack the necessary credentials, training, education, and experience to be true conservators. The following are The Seven Secrets of Restoration™ and they are the absolute criteria any legitimate professional restoration company should meet to be considered and trusted with your parish’s most treasured and irreplaceable artistic assets.
1. Education: A restoration company staff, especially the president or owner, should be well educated in a field of the visual arts by an accredited university or artier and should hold the minimum of a master’s degree. Art conservation is an extremely specialized field that takes years of artistic training and experience to master. All Renaissance Restoration Studios official principal members hold a masters degree or higher and are all specifically trained in areas of the visual arts.
2. Lineage: Master restoration artists must be trained in the methods of the great European Art Schools of Traditional Academic Realism. Only those with this specific artistic training are able to trace a direct artistic linage from master to pupil in the grand tradition. Renaissance Restoration Studios artisans can trace their lineage back twenty-four generations. We offer over 500 years of accumulated trade knowledge and secrets dating back to the Medieval Period.
3. Portfolio: All reputable restoration companies and artists must exhibit a professional portfolio of commissions they have completed. Ask to see printed and/or digital samples of their previous work. In addition to the samples provided here on our website, Renaissance Restoration Studios exhibits a bound hard copy portfolio for inspection at your convenience.
4. Aerial Lifts & Equipment: A responsible restoration company will use the latest state of the art aerial lift equipment, machines, and technology to effectively access high structures for restoration. Be skeptical of any company that uses old or outdated lift equipment that may not be safe, OSHA regulated or approved.
5. References: It is proper etiquette and Renaissance Restoration Studios policy to keep all client lists and commission details confidential. It is unprofessional for any company to post on their website, Internet, sell, or distribute to the general public client information, specific job descriptions, or contacts. We adhere to this policy which protects our clients from unwanted solicitation and provides the anonymity of ownership of valuable artworks held in their private collections. A list of our pre approved professional references will be provided privately, furnishing all relevant job descriptions and contact information upon specific client request only.
6. Research & Documentation: Professional restoration artists will always do thorough research and inspection assessment prior to the start of any project. It is standard industry procedure to maintain detailed records of each project in both written and photographic formats for historical record. The client has the right to be provided with copies of all project records and should be given a detailed project report at the completion of every commission.
7. Credentials: Professional development and keeping abreast of the art conservation industry’s latest developments is a necessity. Proof of a superior art restoration company and its members is the contribution they make in the industry. Publishing, teaching, lecturing, touring, guild memberships, and attending professional symposiums are all necessary to maintain a respected reputation. All official members of Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc contribute in many or all of these areas.
Remember, if the art restoration company or artist you may be considering for your project does not meet every one of The Seven Secrets of Art Restoration™ it would be ill advised to solicit work from them. It is your right as a client to ask for proof of all The Seven Secrets of Restoration™. Don’t be misled by imitators, there is only one Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc. We take pride in our superior craftsmanship and set the standard of artistic excellence.
FREE RESTORATION QUESTIONNAIRE FORM WITH OUR ESTIMATES
Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc offers to all our potential clients a free individualized and detailed courtesy restoration questionnaire. It will be specifically designed for you and your restoration project. We are so confident in the superior quality of our services we will supply you with a custom restoration questionnaire form to use when evaluating other potential restoration companies and artists. If you find they are unable to answer all the information on the form pertaining to the specifics of your project and restoration in general, you will know they are unqualified. Our courtesy form is free and custom generated for you. It can be mailed, emailed, or faxed with our estimate. Read Less
Joseph F. Tiedemann: Artist Biography
Born in Jersey City, New Jersey Joseph F. Tiedemann is an award winning art conservator and the President of Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc. He has been called “A modern day Michelangelo by ABC News. Tiedemann is well known for his revolutionary artistic restorations of works by such legendary artists as Phi… Read More
Born in Jersey City, New Jersey Joseph F. Tiedemann is an award winning art conservator and the President of Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc. He has been called “A modern day Michelangelo by ABC News. Tiedemann is well known for his revolutionary artistic restorations of works by such legendary artists as Philip Guston and Fernando Calderon in addition to his work on National Historic Landmarks. Tiedemann considers himself a highly skilled and experienced artist who has achieved a level of mastery through intense classical training, resolute dedication, and three decades of applied professional application. He says he is proud to carry on in his generational profession as a trusted keeper of ancient and secret artistic techniques and traditions passed down from the great masters.
Joseph’s passion as a child was art! He has stated that drawing and painting is his life. His parents strongly supported his interest in the visual arts. His father Bernard, a master and true renaissance man in his own right, instructed him from an early age. Training consisted of the rigorous study of classical academic drawing, painting, and sculpture as well as the skills of his father’s profession of art restoration. Joseph credits his father as his primary and most important teacher and influence. Tiedemann acknowledges the major strength of his artistry came from his youth as he observed and apprenticed while his father restored religious art in his studio. He recalls the time spent with his father working side by side as the most influential of his life.
At the age of fourteen Joseph was sent to study under master equestrian painter Richard A. Botto at The Art Center of Northern New Jersey. By seventeen Joseph had already cemented a serious artistic reputation particularly within the New York area ecclesiastical art community. He acquired various professional artistic commissions of both a religious and commercial nature and began teaching private pupils. At this time in addition to his high school education, Joseph was taking university courses in drawing and painting nights and weekends to perfect his craft.
Joseph continued his artistic training at the prestigious School of Visual Arts in New York City under the tutelage of renowned artists such as: Marvin Mattelson, Jack Endwelt, and Max Ginsburg. As a student, Joseph was accepting professional illustration work from the publishing industry as a member of the Graphic Artists Guild and working closely in his father’s atelier learning every aspect of artistic restoration and ecclesiastical conservation. He graduated from The School of Visual Arts earning his BFA in 1992. While an undergraduate, Joseph’s work was exhibited twice in the exclusive Art Directors Club of New York and was included in several professional publications. He has been interviewed by various local and national journalists and broadcasters and hailed as “Michelangelo Jr.” by Charles Osgood of the Osgood Files Program. In 2006 Joseph went on to earn his masters degree from Seton Hall University where he was inducted into Kappa Delta Pi for educational excellence. Joseph continued his education at Princeton University and is currently working toward his Ph.D in art history.
At the age of twenty-three Joseph established his own ecclesiastical restoration studio, which eventually developed into the now highly successful Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc. Over the years he has continued to teach, lecture, and travel globally expanding and promoting artistic excellence in the restoration field and passing on his knowledge to future generations of artists and conservators. Joseph has been recognized by Who’s Who five times for his teaching efforts and dedication to students.
Joseph Tiedemann promoted a dramatic vision, expansion, and incorporation of cutting edge technology, which has catapulted Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc to the forefront of the industry. Renaissance Restoration Studios Inc now serves clients nation wide as well as around the world. Joseph is not only sought after for his expertise in the art restoration and conservation industry but his private paintings and portraits are in great demand. They are held in private collections in the United States and abroad. Joseph is married and currently resides in New Jersey.